MS office is one of the most frequently used application on our PC. From elders to children everyone makes good use of MS office , specially MS word. Ms word has various version and updates over time. Starting from MS word 2007 ,MS word 2010, MS word 2013 and so on. Formatting still remains the most attractive part of MS word.
The first step is to determine the problem you are facing while using MS word. Is it the formatting toolbar or some other settings.There could be multiple problems and solutions.If you are facing problems frequently you should reset MS Word 2007 to default settings.
1.Here’s the easy way out
You can click on this link to access Microsoft reset software. On the page you will find a ‘download button’, click on it and let the file get downloaded. Once downloaded, click on ‘run’ and then select ‘open’. Then you can sit back while MS word resets to its default settings.
2.Do it manually
This is a little tricky, but if you follow these steps correctly you should be able to solve your problem. To manually reset the register key, you will first have to delete it:
- Close all the Microsoft Office programs.
- Click on the ‘start menu’, select ‘run’ option and type ‘regedit’ and click ‘ok’.
- Expand your folder.
- click on the key you want to delete.
- If you are using Microsoft Windows 2000, click on Export Registry File from the Registry menu.Put in your file name in the box for a backup copy of the key , then click on Save.
- If you are using Windows XP or any other version or Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or it’s later versions, select Export from the File menu, put in a file name for a backup copy of the key. Now click on Save.
- Important :Select the key you just exported.Go tot he edit menu and delete it.
- You will be presented with a pop up message saying are you sure you want to delete this key, say yes.
- Close the registry editor now.